Sunday, November 21, 2004

 

I think this is the 19th car I've owned


This is my newest car. A 1991 Saab 900 SPG. It shows 52,000 miles on the odometer & is in fantastic shape. I've given it a tuneup and while the shifter is a bit sticky, it's a very impressive car. SPG stands for Saab Performance Group, this was their factory hot rod and the fastest car they had ever built up to that time. I know..."Hammer, I've never heard of SPG before!" That's because they're very rare: less than 7,000 were brought to the states...and in 1991, they only brought in 254...heck, only 105 in black. Talk about a rare car!

I wasn't looking for one of these, but my friend Scott Pease is a dealer and ran across it at the auction last week. I'll say that the price wasright...less than 1/2 the cost of what we're seeing the SPGs sell for online across the country...and this one is at least the equal of any of those cars. Yeah, I'm pretty geeked up!

Posted by Hello

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

amazing counters
NutriSystem Coupons