Friday, August 19, 2005



A cat in Nevada is recovering from a foray atop a power pole that left it jolted, frizzled and dazed -- and with a little less fur. Firefighters believe the cat touched a relay switch on the 25-thousand-volt line while checking out a bird's next. It fell from the 40-foot pole and sparked a fire outside a firehouse. Firefighters found the singed cat near the base of the pole. They assumed it was dead, until they noticed it was breathing. They put it on a blanket and gave it oxygen. It turns out the burns weren't as serious as they looked. One of the firefighters says ``the fire just burned all his hair off.'' The cat's expected to make a full recovery, and will be put up for adoption if no one claims it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

amazing counters
NutriSystem Coupons